I wasn’t expecting to share today’s look until Saturday or Sunday because I was supposed to leave for PCW’s Fantasm show as soon as I was done but Mother Nature and my friends had other plans. So I thought to myself, why not write about my makeup, since I was almost done when I found out I’m not going?? I really like this look, too!!! So I’m super bummed out that it’s being wasted on a rainy, mopey, stay at home, kind of day.
This is the best picture I got. I took like 836563873.5 trying to capture the iridescence of the lipstick but nothing I did got it to show true. Keep reading if you want to know more about this look.
- First thing I did was moisturize with the Symphony Beauty Snow Cream moisturizer. It has such an interesting consistency. It felt so good on my skin though. Didn’t leave any residue and absorbed so quickly into my skin.
- Then I primed with Josie Maran Nirvana Hydrating Mist and Stila One Step Correct. I get super dry skin during the winter so I always step my moisturizing and hydrating during these months. I really like the mist for that.
- My skin also gets a lot redder during the winter so I went over the extra red spots with the smashbox color correcting photo finish premier in green.
- Once I let all that set, I used the Kat Von D Beauty lock it powder foundation in light 49.
- I like my eyebrows super archy, so I like to arch them and follow that line with Anastasia Beverly Hills dip brow pomade in ebony. When I relax them, it’s the perfect (for me) high arch.
- After that, I primed my eyes with the benefit porefessional. I just like the way it feels and dries on my kids better than other eye shadow primers I’ve tried.
- Once the primer dried, I busted out my Kat Von D Beauty matte/metal palette. This is quickly becoming a favorite of mine. I used suede as a base color all over the lid and blended slightly above the crease, oak in the crease, and glitz all over the lid, and as the brow bone and inner corner high light. I smoked out oak on the lower lash line and blended it into my inner corner high light.
- I lined the top lash line with Bobbi Brown long wear gel sparkle liner in Smokey topaz and the lower waterline with stila smudge stick in mint julep.
- I added two coats of my absolute favorite mascara of all time, Too Faced better than sex.
- I concealed my under eye darkness with NARS radiant creamy concealer in light 2.5 creme brûlée. I’ve seen a lot of people rave about this stuff and I don’t know why I waited so long to try it. Bought it in NYC when I forgot my Kat Von D conceale and I absolutely love it. I always set it with Besame translucent brightening violet powder to really amp up the brightness.
- I contoured my cheeks and along my hairline with the Kat Von D Beauty light/shade palette in the color subconscious.
- I used the Becca pressed shimmering skin perfector in the color moonstone to highlight my cheeks, forehead, bridge of my nose, and Cupid’s bow.
- I was feeling a little bold today so I used Too Faced love flush blush in so happy together. It’s definitely a bolder pink than what I usually wear.
- For my lipstick I used the Kat Von D studded kiss lipstick in the color mother with pink opal from the alchemist palette patted on top.
- Then I set it all with a borderline excessive spritz of urban decay setting spray.
What do you guys think? Leave me suggestions for any types of looks you’d like to see or any certain products you’d like me to use or review!