Super Bowl is a huge deal at my parents’ house. It is undeniably the biggest part of the year at the house. Such a big deal in fact, that this year, my mom and dad left the christmas lights outside and about 40%of the decorations in the house up for the big event. My mom doesn’t consider the holidays officially over until Super Bowl is done.We had so many people at our house. We have this tradition that everyone who comes wears their team colors, and my team is the Green Bay Packers. I went all out. I did green and gold eye shadow. I wore my Clay Matthews shirt. Go Pack go!
I won’t even get into the game. Suffice it to say, I fell asleep in the 3rd quarter and woke up super upset at the end of the game. The party was a major success. Good food, good drinks, good company, a good halftime show, and that’s what really matters.
- Firs things first, I moisturized with the the Ren clean skincare global protection day cream.
- After I let that absorb for a few minutes, I primed with Josie Maran nirvana hydrating mist and the Stila one step correct.
- Then I applied the Kat Von D lock-it powder foundation in the color light 49.
- Next I did my eyebrows with the Anastasia Beverly Hills dip brow pomade in the color ebony. I’ve been experimenting with the shape of my brows lately and I got a lot of compliments on this particular set.
- For the eyeshadow I used the color Star from the Kat Von D pastel goth palette all over the lid and a little past the crease as a base. Fro the matte metal palette, I used the color moss in the the crease and smudged out on outer bottom lash line. From the same palette, I used the color Flash packed on the lid, as a inner corner highlight, and on the bottom inner lash line.
- I lined my lid and lower lash line with the urban decay glide on eye pencil in perversion.
- I concealed my under eye are with Nars radiant creamy concealer in light 2.5 creme brûlée and set it with the violet translucent brightening powder from Besame.
- Next, I applied 2 coats of Too Faced better than sex mascara. I love this stuff. I’ve had people ask me if I got lash extensions but no. It’s my naturally long and curly eyelashes enhanced with this magical stuff.
- To high light my forehead, cheeks, and cupid’s bow, I used the Kat Von D lock-it concealer creme in white out set with a little bit of my lock-it powder foundation to make it a little less harsh.
- I contoured with the shade Sombre from the Kat Von D shade light contour palette.
- I finished my face off with some Kat Von D shade light blush in piaf and Poe.
- Last thing last, I applied the Kat Von D ever lasting liquid lipstick in the shade Lolita II.
How do you guys feel about this format for makeup looks? I was thinking about it while I was doing this makeup and I’m not so sure how I feel about it. Would you guys be interested in know what brushes I use to apply the products too? In my effort to write more, I’ve kind of started second guessing how I’ve been doing things. I’m not sure. Let me know what you think!