What’s up everyone? I hung out with my best friend and her man Wednesday night so I thought I would use this as an excuse to actually wear some makeup and try out some new (to me) products that I picked up at Sephora on sunday. If you want to see how I created this look and what new products I used, keep reading.
First of all, lets talk about the new things I got. I went in with the intention of getting strictly foundation since I got super tan after I burned on my trip to Florida but I can never leave sephora with only what I need. While I was waiting for someone to help color match me, I got sidetracked by the Elizabeth and James perfumes. I love Nirvana Black so I tested out bourbon, rose, and white. I love them all but I’m trying this thing called being a fiscally responsible adult so I only got a Nirvana White roller ball. I love the whole Nirvana line of perfumes. Nirvana white is this unique, musky, floral. It’s different from anything I’ve ever smelled. I absolutely love it. The dude who color matched me suggested the Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Ultra Definition Liquid makeup. I used to tend to stay away from liquid type foundations but when he was matching me, it felt so good on my skin. He also suggested the sephora brand airbrush foundation brush. Applying liquid foundations with brushes always makes me nervous but this brush made it so easy. It took minimal effort to get a flawless application. I am in love with this foundation and the brush. As we were checking out I noticed they had samples of Tarte’s brighter days moisturizer at the register and I thought, I was talking to my friend about buying a full size tube while shopping but I didn’t want to spend too much money so I used my points to get the sample. Holy cow!!! I had read reviews saying that it was more glittery than highlighting, which simultaneously was another reason I was hesitant to buy a full size and something I love about it. When I had just the moisturizer on and nothing else, I looked like an iridescent space alien, which is a look I often go for. I feel like putting on my foundation and setting it with powder slightly mellowed out the glitter. I totally love it though. The only negative thing I can think of this product is the fact that my hands are still covered in glitter after washing them.
But yes! Those are my first impressions of the new stuff I got this week. Let’s talk abut my look now.
- I primed my face with Josie Maran Nirvana Hydrating Mist.
- Then I applied the Tarte Brighter Days Highlighting Moisturizer and let it absorb into my skin.
- Once that absorbed, I applied the Urban Decay Naked Skin in shade 5 with the sephora collection pro flawless airbrush #56.
- I set my face with the Besame brightening violet powder.
- I used the Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow in ebony with an angle brush for my brows.
- I used the Kat Von D Beauty Lock-it Concealer Creme in L15 neutral under my eyes and blended it out with a beauty blender. I set the concealer with the same Besame powder.
- I did a subtle (for me) cat eye with the Kat Von D Beauty tattoo liner in trooper.
- I applied 2 coats of too faced better than sex mascara.
- I did my cheek, brow bone, and inner corner highlight with the Kat Von D metal crush eyeshadow in thunderstruck.
- I then contoured with the Kat Von D Shade Light contour palette using the color subconscious.
- On my lips I used one of my favorite colors, the nyx liquid suede in the color Stone Fox.
- I set my entire face with the urban decay deslick setting spray.
what do you guys think?