So I got my Tarte Cosmetic Make Believe in Yourself collection order on thursday and I damn near died over how cute the packing is! It was love at first sight!! I went to see my favorite band on their final world tour (which got its own blog post) on friday and I thought I would use it that night and let you guys know my thoughts. Just a heads up, this collection is limited edition. So if you want it act fast because I’ve heard they’re selling out on tartecosmetics.com. However, I’ve also heard the collection will be available in sephora stores soon. So it sounds like you still have plenty of time to get it but I just wanted you guys to know this won’t be around forever.
If you want to know my first impressions and see how I did this look, keep reading!
First is the dual ended Tarteist Pro rose gold liquid and glitter eyeliners.I love both ends. The liquid is very pigmented. I am not good at all with using liquid eyeliners and this one was easy for me to apply.
The only thing that’s different about this lights camera lashes is the packaging. I haven’t used it yet because I have two other tubes I want yo use up before I open another but it was just too cute to pass up. Ive heard nothing but good things about this mascara though so Im looking forward to using it.
I am in love with this liquid lipstick, I’ve only used one other taste lip paint before and I liked it well enough but this cold, Festival, is the one that stole my heart. I am so bummed out that its a limited edition color. I love the applicator. It’s a doe foot but it’s also contoured to the roundness of your lips. So it really hugs the lips and gives a smooth application. The color itself is this gorgeous, nude, mauve-y, pink. I love it. Also, when they say these are budge proof, they’re not lying.
This eyeshadow palette is amazing. The colors are beautiful and they’re long lasting. The shadows are very bendable too. I cried my eyes out the first time I used this and by the time the night was over, my makeup was still perfectly intact.
I haven’t used these and to be quite honest, I’m not sure if I ever will. However, they are the softest brushes I’ve ever owned. Not to mention, how cute they are!! I am in love.
Now for the look in the photo above.
- first I moisturized my face with josie maran nirvana hydrating mist. Then I primed with stila one step correct.
- For the foundation I used my new urban decay naked skin foundation and set the the t zone with the makeup forever ultra hd micro finishing powder.
- I did my eyebrows with the anastasia beverly hills dip brow pomade in ebony.
- I used the Tarte Make Believe in Yourself palette on my eyes. I used myth in my crease and as a transition color, marvel all over my lids, a tiny bit of wings in the gutter corner blended into the crease, and the center highlight shade as a brow bone, inner corner and cheek high light.
- I used to coats of too faced better than sex mascara.
- I concealed my under eye area with the nars radiant creamy concealer and set that with the besame brightening violet powder.
- I lined my upper lash line with the rose gold liquid liner side of the dual ended liner from the collection and my bottom lash line with the glitter end.
- I contoured with the kat con d shade light palette and used the kat von d shade light blush.
- I used the tarteist lip paint in the color festival on my lips.
Has anyone else used this collection yet? what do you think?